Auto Partitioning Hard Disks
The purpose of auto-partion.sh is to create, format and verify partitions on new drives. The script can be found in the tools cvs directory.
- Obtain a spare node that can at least boot into linux and be able to obtain the auto-partition script.
- Attach the hard disks that need to be partitioned to the spare node.
- Boot the node.
- To issue the command type: ./auto-partition.sh hdb
*Note, you will need to replace the hdb with the correct device you wish to partition.
- After the script has completed, run it again for each disk you need to partition.
- Once complete, power down the node and place the partitioned disks into the node to be cloned.
- To clone, follow the instructions posted on the Medusa Maintenance page.