NUTs On Server Nodes
How To Install
- A UPS is plugged into the wall outlet via 30 Amp power cable.
- The server is then plugged into a power strip which is connected to the UPS.
- A serial cable connects the UPS to the server.
- Setting Up NUTs
- Obtain nut rpm from cvs/rh9/uwmlsc/rpms
- Now install by doing rpm -Uvh nut*
- The driver may need to be changed depending on what UPS will be used.
- Edit /etc/ups/ups.conf
- Change the name of the UPS [UPSNAME]
- Input the driver file driver = (tripplite, powerware...)
- NOTE: Make sure there are no spaces in the UPS name.
- Edit /etc/sysconfig/ups
- If no other computers connect to the server you are setting up then you will only need the following 3 lines:
- Edit /etc/ups/upssched.conf as needed.
- The default shutdown time for cluster nodes is 2 minutes.
- Servers will typically be set to 20 minutes (1200 seconds)
- NOTE: Input time in seconds.
- After configuration is complete do service nuts restart
How NUTs works on Cluster nodes s001 through s296
How to install NUTs on a GC machine