Review Committee Meeting Monday 6 March 2006 09:00 PST / 12:00 EST
Minutes: Monday 6 March 2006 09:00 PST / 12:00 EST
Agenda and Contact Info
- Go over Peter Kalmus's GRB code review document [ PDF ]
- Start the review of Soumya's GRB population study [ PDF ]
AccuConference teleconferencing service:
Phone: 1-800-704-9896, participant code: 038621#
International callers ++1-404-920-6472 with same code
- GRB Code Review
- Review has not turned up any errors yet.
Peter can reproduce the results of a GRB search.
- Something up with reading calibration data. Doesn't work on Windows
but does work on Sun. Anyway, it looks like calibration data was read
in correctly in the actual search.
- Question about whether alpha and gamma were being read correctly.
Need to double check that the colums are always in the same order.
- Time delay between sites: need a check to make sure that this is
- Problem with code construction: different code is used for the
actual search and for the simulation study. Code is cut-and-paste between
these two. Better to use exactly the same code for efficiency studies
as for the actual analysis. (Worry is that a difference may creep in.)
Strongly suggest revising code to do this. Perhaps MDC frames could be
used to compare to existing simulation code?
- Isabel: shows plots which indicate that changing the data conditioning
to the time-domain band-pass filter + a LPF has only slight changes in the
efficiency curves. We also want to see the changes to the on-source cc
- GRB Population Study
- Peter has received Soumya's code and will begin to review this as soon
as he is finished reviewing Isabel's code.
- Soumya described his technical documentation. Most of the
report so far describes only the situation for a stationary detector
(i.e., one for which the sensitivity remains constant). A future section
- Only H1-H2 GRBs are included in the analysis because a different
statistic is used for LHO-LLO cc. (Absolute value of cc statistic.)
- Expect that only hypothesis test result (not upper limit) will be
reported at APS meeting.
$Id: minutes-2006-03-06.html,v 1.4 2006/03/06 20:16:29 jolien Exp $