Review Committee Meeting Wednesday 8 March 2006 08:00 PST / 11:00 EST
Minutes: Wednesday 8 March 2006 08:00 PST / 11:00 EST
Agenda and Contact Info
- Discuss code review of modified WaveBurst [ HTML ]
- Discuss final results of the S4 untriggered search [ HTML ]
AccuConference teleconferencing service:
Phone: 1-800-704-9896, participant code: 038621#
International callers ++1-404-920-6472 with same code
- Modifications to WaveBurst
- Keith described various changes to waveburst. Code review was
reassuring. There are just a couple of things remaining to be checked.
- Adoption of Meyer wavelets: this is simply to get longer wavelets,
not significantly different in properties.
- S4 and S5 versions of waveburst were run on S5 data until 1 Jan.
Essentially the same loud triggers resulted.
- S4 search results
- Including the 28 additional waveburst jobs had the effect that
one more event was seen that passes all cuts except for the corrpower
- Shourov has run a Q-scan on this event. Nothing obvious.
- This event occurred 40 seconds before lockloss in livingston. Blamed
on microseism. Plausible that IFO had bad behaviour prior to lock loss.
- Event has frequency of 69 Hz and it long-lasting (0.6s). Likely due
to fluctuations in the 60 Hz line.
- Would be useful to see waveburst scalograms (for both the S4 and the
S5 waveburst versions) of this event.
- New MDC results: H1 hrss vs. H2 hrss scatter plot for MDCs shows a
bias away from the H1 hrss = H2 hrss line. This is expected since the
new MDCs are with V4 calibration while the analysis is done with V3
- New efficiency curves: 50% values of hrss typically a few percent
worse than before. As expected. 90% values can show a greater difference
than from previous due to the additional veto. (Veto causes efficiency
curve to asymptote to an efficiency below unity.)
- Need to include corrections in values accounting for (i) errors in
the fit, (ii) systematic errors (calibration). These numbers need to be
- Paper will include the 6ms gaussian efficiency curve for illustration
but will not have a corresponding exclusion curve.
$Id: minutes-2006-03-08.html,v 1.2 2006/03/08 17:24:16 jolien Exp $