LSC-Virgo Burst Analysis Working Group

Navigation

Burst Group Home
Wiki
ExtTrig Home
CBC Group Home
LSC, LIGO, Virgo

Documents

'How-to' docs
Agendas/minutes
[2008, 2007, earlier]
Talks/Posters [pre-wiki]
Papers
Paper plans
White papers
ViewCVS

Investigations

Analysis projects
Old notebook [General, S2, S3, S4, S5]
Virgo workarea
External collabs

Review

Main review page
Telecons

Review Committee Meeting Monday 11 September 2006 09:00 PST / 12:00 EST

Minutes: Monday 11 September 2006 09:00 PST / 12:00 EST

Agenda and Contact Info

Agenda

  1. Discussion of we need to have done by November.
  2. Update on any developments on the draft papers we have / expect.
    • SGR1806-20 QPO analysis update [ HTML ]
  3. AOB

Contact Info

AccuConference teleconferencing service:
   Phone: 1-800-704-9896, participant code: 038621#
   International callers ++1-404-920-6472 with same code

Minutes

  1. Things that will hit us before November LSC Meeting:
    • S4 Untriggered -- Final presentation was at Aug LSC meeting. Nearly final draft expected soon.
    • S2 S3 S4 GRB -- Final presentation was at Aug LSC meeting. Nearly final draft circulated just prior. Still needs a bit of work.
    • SGR 1806-20 QPO -- Analysis almost complete; draft expected soon. Final presentation expected at November meeting.
    • S4 LIGO-GEO Coherent WB vs. WB -- Perhaps some draft by November meeting but not final presentation.
    • S4 Cosmic String search -- Completed analysis by November meeting. Intended as a PRD (Brief Report).
    • And of course, GWDAW presentations....
  2. Updates:
    • S4 Untriggered
      • CorrPower Review: Keith Thorne will coordinate with Laura and check post-processing scripts and do a code walk-through. Update next week.
      • New sanity checks: Jolien will check draft to identify anything that might require code re-runs to confirm.
      • Efficiency curves: Keith Riles was going to confirm fits.
      • Sensitivity sanity check: Jolien and Sergey have worked out. Jolien needs to update report.
      • Livetime calculation: Erik was going to double check to make sure denominator is consistent.
    • S2-S3-S4 GRB
      • New draft with new discussion section circulated just before August meeting. Need comments on new draft.
      • Issues with antenna pattern factor: should it be included in formula? No if one of the ULs is put in (these contain factor already); yes if a theoretical case is considered. Look at this and advise.
      • Pop study: changed H0 to be 72 from 65 km/s/Mpc.
      • Coffee-conversations about GRB presentation: some confusion about the circular / linear polarization issue.
      • Burst F2F conversations about GRB search: emphasize pop study? Currently still in "golden event" mode with population studies as prototype analysis. Does this need additional clarification in paper?
    • SGR 1806-20 QPO
      • BG study for all QPOs. Veto not needed except for 92.5 Hz QPO search.
      • For 2nd harmonic of 92.5 Hz QPO (185 Hz) -- lines near 180 Hz give lots of extra power and make search a factor of ~3 worse. Use 8 Hz bands centered at 185 Hz and leave a 2 Hz gap between adjascent bands. I.e.: on-source band is 181-189 Hz. Adjascent bands are 171-179 Hz and 181-189 Hz. This notches out 180 Hz. Question: is this good enough? Look at BG estimates and see if they have unusual spread. Compare with spreads at other QPO frequencies and with the 10 Hz bands near 180 Hz. This will help see if there is a transient component to the power line that is causing problems.
      • New paper with more lightcurve traces has identified new QPOs. New strong ones at 150.3 Hz and 1837 Hz plus two other weak traces. Search will be conducted on bands around these (and their harmonics).
      • Feldman Cousins is being used to get upper limit.
      • Code is now stable and will be put into matapps cvs.
      • Sharmilla will put finishing touches on code review report for next week. These should refer to the code in CVS. Shourov and/or Peter may look over this report.
      • Draft paper exists but not ready to be circulated. Perhaps for next meeting, or the one after.
    • S4 LIGO-GEO: code review proceeding. Code walk-through probably requires 2 more telecons, then need to review documentation. Theoretical algorithm design has been reviewed.
  3. AOB:
    • New telecon time: Jolien will construct a set of blocks in which reviewers and burst chairs can all be present and propose these to the burst group.
    • BlockNormal review: Soumya and Soma are internal reviewers. Brian had been the external reviewer but is now on Coherent WB review. Internal review for code changes. Perhaps bring in an external reviewer to review waveform inference code that needs to be added.
$Id: minutes-2006-09-11.html,v 1.3 2006/09/11 20:27:50 jolien Exp $