Review Committee Meeting Monday 23 October 2006 12:00 Pacific / 15:00 Eastern
Minutes: Monday 23 October 2006 12:00 Pacific / 15:00 Eastern
Agenda and Contact Info
- SGR QPO Update
- S4 Untriggered Search Update
- GRB Search Update
AccuConference teleconferencing service:
Phone: 1-800-704-9896, participant code: 038621#
International callers ++1-404-920-6472 with same code
- SGR QPO Update
- Paper draft availble. Intro is missing references. Sec. III is
missing: need a description of astrowatch run. Interesting bits in
extrapolation to design sensitivity.
- Uncertainties: all ULs are increased by 25% to account for
- Draft now ready for comment from burst group and review group.
Review group to read paper and provide comments.
- Ben Owen and Joel Tohlene can probably help with intro. Mike Landry
can help/write the astrowatch section. Contact them.
- S4 Untriggered Search Update... Draft paper:
- All comments so far have been addressed.
- Two new figures have been added.
- Still need to change 1-pol isotropic to 2-pol isotropic in energetics.
- Still cleaning up figures.
- BLWN bursts: discovered frequency is base frequency, not
central frequency. This is fixed in text.
- CorrPower review: still making progress.
- GRB Search Update: What remains to be done?
- Still need to understand what comes between the code review and
the paper. Careful check of this.
- Injections into on-source segment: need to either show that
bias is small or redo injections into background segments.
- Need more eyes to give a careful look at population modelling
- GWDAW ... not yet sure how many talks to be given but want to
give SGR talk (with prelim results), LIGO-GEO coherent vs. incoherent,
S5A results (WB+CorrPower or CohWB or QPipe).
- S4 LIGO-GEO: box still closed on coherent analysis. Sensitivities
are somewhat better for Coherent WB.
$Id: minutes-2006-10-23.html,v 1.2 2006/10/30 19:12:39 jolien Exp $