Review Committee Meeting Monday 5 February 2007 12:00 Pacific / 15:00 Eastern
Minutes: Monday 5 February 2007 12:00 Pacific / 15:00 Eastern
Agenda and Contact Info
- Discussion of the SGR paper (Version 6) [ PDF ]
- Jolien's comments [ TXT ]
- Norna's comments [ TXT ]
InterCall telecon service:
Phone: 1-866-380-5536, participant code: 435 672 9587 #
International callers ++1-816-249-4731 with same code
International access numbers (~10 cents/min surcharge for LIGO Lab):
Paris 017 080 7156 ;
Lyon 042 603 0036 ;
Germany toll-free 0800 182 1591 ;
Berlin 030 726 167 371 ;
Rome 00645 217 080 ;
UK toll-free 0808 234 7914 ;
London 0203 107 0293
Handy participant command: Press *6 ["*M"] to mute, #6 to unmute
We went through the paper page-by-page.
- Author list: which one to use? Also, Sharmilla is to be added.
Need to get approval for this.
- Jolien: in abstract, quote UL for one QPO but don't say which one it
is. Suggest either saying which one or giving range for all measured
- Jolien: issue of what characteristic sensitivity means varies during
paper. Similarly, h_rss_det has various meanings (a measure of
waveform amplitude; a sensitivity measure of the search). Need
to distinguish these.
- Ben: would like energies in ergs as well as Msun c^2 throughout.
- Ben: in abstract, mention "control frequencies".
- Ben: in intro, "GW Detectors" to "LIGO"
- Luca is writing a new paragraph discussing the use of second-harmonic
frequencies. Proposed calling them "arbitrary", but Brian thinks that
they are not arbitrary. Brian will propose another term.
- Discussion about why processing is done in 250 ms blocks. Jolien thinks
this is an irrelevant detail. Suggests that IVC could be simpler.
- Jolien: suggested re-write for Sec. VII. Addresses Norna's comment
- Acknowledgments: Is mention of specific NSF grants allowed?
Need to find out from PP or Exec.
- Jolien: need ref to code.
- Various other minor issues of wording etc. in comments.
$Id: minutes-2007-02-05.html,v 1.3 2007/02/05 21:41:58 jolien Exp $