Review Committee Meeting Monday 12 February 2007 12:00 Pacific / 15:00 Eastern
Minutes: Monday 12 February 2007 12:00 Pacific / 15:00 Eastern
Agenda and Contact Info
- Brief report on status of SGR and GRB papers.
- Brief overview of S4 Cosmic String material for review.
- Brief overview of S3 LIGO-AURIGA material for review.
InterCall telecon service:
Phone: 1-866-380-5536, participant code: 435 672 9587 #
International callers ++1-816-249-4731 with same code
International access numbers (~10 cents/min surcharge for LIGO Lab):
Paris 017 080 7156 ;
Lyon 042 603 0036 ;
Germany toll-free 0800 182 1591 ;
Berlin 030 726 167 371 ;
Rome 00645 217 080 ;
UK toll-free 0808 234 7914 ;
London 0203 107 0293
Handy participant command: Press *6 ["*M"] to mute, #6 to unmute
- Status of SGR and GRB papers
- Status of SGR paper: new draft available and responses to comments.
Reviewers: look over draft and responses and raise any concerns by
- Status of GRB paper: Soumya and Ray have sent changes in text to
Isabel. Isabel is running required simulations. Not sure when a draft
of the paper will be available.
- Executive committee meeting is 11:00 Eastern on Thursday 15 Feb.
- S4 Cosmic String Search
- Initiate external review for this search.
Reviewers: start reading the technical document.
- Burst group should take an active consideration of this search.
Cosmic string search will be part of agenda for next week burst telecon.
- S3 LIGO-AURIGA Search
- This is a methodological paper (emphasizing the collaborative work).
- Last taken up by review committee in 2005.
- Since then, box was opened. Statistical plan:
[ PDF ].
- Internal reviewers were Warren and Siong. Brian: a report from Warren
and Siong would be helpful. Laura will ask for a review summary.
- Review of version of CorrPower was by Katherine. This was same
version (and post processing) as was used for S3 analysis. Post processing
was done separately by LIGO and AURIGA. Results agreed.
- Intended target is CQG.
- Laura will be in Italy in two weeks. We'll discuss this search then.
- Keith Thorne will be presenting a paper at Moriond. Will contact
LSC-PP prior. Plan is to have most recent approved results (material
from GWDAW + more recent stuff from papers approved). No new material.
- Raffaele Flaminio will be the Virgo representative to this group.
- Upcoming papers:
- S4 LIGO-GEO
- Fast-track WBCP S5 (first 5 month) paper ?
- One-year S5 untriggered paper: not for a while.
- One-year S5 GRB paper ?
- No meeting next week.
$Id: minutes-2007-02-12.html,v 1.2 2007/02/12 22:12:19 jolien Exp $