Review Committee Meeting Monday 14 May 2007 12:00 Pacific / 15:00 Eastern
Minutes: Monday 14 May 2007 12:00 Pacific / 15:00 Eastern
Agenda and Contact Info
AgendaNote: this meeting will last only 30 minutes.
InterCall telecon service: Phone: 1-866-380-5536, participant code: 435 672 9587 # International callers ++1-816-249-4731 with same code International access numbers (~10 cents/min surcharge for LIGO Lab): Paris 017 080 7156 ; Lyon 042 603 0036 ; Germany toll-free 0800 182 1591 ; Berlin 030 726 167 371 ; Rome 00645 217 080 ; UK toll-free 0808 234 7914 ; London 0203 107 0293 Handy participant command: Press *6 ["*M"] to mute, #6 to unmute
- Isabel has posted input and output of search.
- Discussion of the odd-looking chirp. The odd features result from
strangeness in H1 second-epoch V02 (and presumably V03) calibration.
The squeezing between 30 and 40 Hz is because of the spike in the
response function between 30 and 40 Hz. The wierd end is when the
chirp passes through the strange feature in the response function near
340 Hz (various filters associated with violin mode). This was not present
in the earlier-epoch V02 H1 calibration. Brian will contact Mike Landry to
find out if these are correct features of the H1 calibration.
Nevertheless, the largest-cc value corresponds to the time at which the chirp is approximately 150 Hz. So strange behavior at the beginning and the end aren't really affecting the search.
- Status of V03 h(t) production: According to Xavi the H1 h(t) frames should be finished by around Thursday. The H2 h(t) frames will have to wait until Xavi can submit the jobs by hand.
- Draft paper has been updated. Results (in the form of upper limits)
from Isabel's part of the search have been included. Appendices have
been refined. Goal is to understand how these results compare to within
the 20% level.
Request for back-of-the-envelope calculation of sensitivity of the various methods. Should be good to 10-20%.
Two major sections to be written: Data Quality and Calibration. These are not considered to be of paramount importance to have by Friday's meeting as we will probably be focusing on inspiral results and how they fit into the paper.
- CVS repository of paper? It will be moved to MIT CVS on Tuesdayish.
- Joint inspiral-review and burst-review meeting will be on Friday, 18 May, 8:30am pacific.