Review Committee Meeting Monday 18 June 2007 08:00 Pacific / 11:00 Eastern
Minutes: Monday 18 June 2007 08:00 Pacific / 11:00 Eastern
Agenda and Contact Info
- Continued review of GRB070201 search
- Summary [ HTML ]
- Latest Version of Paper [ PDF ]
- Isabel's Summary Page [ HTML ]
- Code to check cross-corrrelation statistic
[ HTML ].
Documentation [ PDF ].
Upper limit confidence belt [ PDF ].
Cross-correlation distribution for BNS population [ PDF ].
- Isabel's search code [ HTML ]
- Szabi's Amaldi slides [ PDF ]
InterCall telecon service:
Phone: 1-866-380-5536, participant code: 435 672 9587 #
International callers ++1-816-249-4731 with same code
International access numbers (~10 cents/min surcharge for LIGO Lab):
Paris 017 080 7156 ;
Lyon 042 603 0036 ;
Germany toll-free 0800 182 1591 ;
Berlin 030 726 167 371 ;
Rome 00645 217 080 ;
UK toll-free 0808 234 7914 ;
London 0203 107 0293
Handy participant command: Press *6 ["*M"] to mute, #6 to unmute
- Peter Kalmus's will circulate updated code review document
- Isabel will put code in CVS. Structure should be so
that the revision number is not encoded into the file
names -- let CVS deal with revisions. Then diffs can be done
- We need to look at the diffs and the added functionality.
- Isabel will check signal strength (largest cc) vs. injection
- Isabel has checked her code by injecting a circularly-polarized
sine-gaussian into zero data with the same parameters as one of the
MDC frame sine-gaussians and comparing it with the MDC frame data.
Isabel will post the results.
- This still does not resolve the mystery of why Jolien's
calculation differs from observed result. Patrick Sutton
will read over calculation to try to spot errors.
- One more test: actually inject a MDC sine-Gaussian into
the DARM_ERR data at the time of the GRB and analyze this with
Isabel's code. Compare the observed largest cc with the predicted
value. Keith Thorne will take Patrick Sutton's strain MDC
and change them to DARM_ERR injections and then
Jolien will produce new frame file with the injections added
to the data and hand these of to Isabel.
- Isabel will post data for the plot of cross-correlation vs.
time that is shown in the figure in the paper for inspiral
MDC 130. Confusion about why a single point has a much higher
value of cross-correlation relative to neighbors. Would also
like the data for several other injections. Also need corresponding
data for case of no injections.
- GRB070201 Paper still in flux... hold off on reading this
for a few more days.
- Szabi's Amaldi slides: not yet comfortable with material
on Slides 13 and 14 (the table and the figure). Perhaps this can
be resolved before Amaldi, but it shouldn't be presented unless
a resolution to the sensitivity questions are found.
- Reviewers will look over slides to make sure that material
is what has been presented before.
- New version of S2-S3-S4 GRB paper is available. Reviewers
should look over this, and, in particular, Jolien
will see if comments have been addressed.
$Id: minutes-2007-06-18.html,v 1.4 2007/06/21 21:38:04 jolien Exp $