Review Committee Meeting Monday 29 October 2007 08:00 Pacific / 11:00 Eastern
Minutes: Monday 29 October 2007 08:00 Pacific / 11:00 Eastern
Agenda and Contact Info
- Review of BurstMDC Simulation
- Summary of S5 BurstMDC Simulation [ HTML ]
- Technical Documentation [ HTML ]
- Source Code [ HTML ]
InterCall telecon service:
Phone: 1-866-380-5536, participant code: 435 672 9587 #
International callers ++1-816-249-4731 with same code
International access numbers (~10 cents/min surcharge for LIGO Lab):
Paris 017 080 7156 ;
Lyon 042 603 0036 ;
Germany toll-free 0800 182 1591 ;
Berlin 030 726 167 371 ;
Rome 00645 217 080 ;
UK toll-free 0808 234 7914 ;
London 0203 107 0293
Handy participant command: Press *6 ["*M"] to mute, #6 to unmute
- We should put the review of the burst candidate on agenda
for next week.
- Joint inspiral/burst review meeting to close-out the
GRB070201 search on Thursday.
- S4 LIGO-GEO review team: Sutton, Riles, Zanolin.
- Review of BurstMDC Simulation: Read-through of "GravEn Simulation
Engine Primer" [ PDF ]
- Section 4: Need to adjust documentation to reflect fact
that pregenerated waveforms can be scaled.
- Section 5: Circularly polarized SGs ... can be done by
specifying both a SG and a CG.
- Section 5: BH ringdown - internal angles probably aren't
being done "correctly" since spheroidal harmonics are used
rather than spherical.
- Section 6: Conventions need to be updated.
- Section 7: Documentation needs to be changed to match
code; code detproj needs to be checked.
- Section 7.3: Wish list - have three internal and three
external angles specified so that you can specify either
propagation frame waveform or source frame system. This
has redundancy in an angle, but it makes things more clear.
- Section 8: Update documentation to reflect new
notation (e.g., alpha*beta to gamma; H to G).
- Section 8: Wish list - would be nice to have a
h(t) to AS_Q(t) to h(t) calibrator where uncertainties in
alpha and gamma can be incorporated.
- Section 8: Question - how are response functions
interpolated? Linear in mag, phase (unwound)? Linear
in real, imag?
- Section 8.4: New routines are used here.
- Section 9: Wish list - would be better to specify
start time in GPS seconds + nanoseconds rather than as
a sample. No benefit in using samples. The waveform generated
needs to be shifted anyway. Also, this would remove abiguity
about what sample rate means.
$Id: minutes-2007-10-29.html,v 1.2 2007/10/29 16:54:14 jolien Exp $