Review Committee Meeting Monday 26 November 2007 08:00 Pacific / 11:00 Eastern
Minutes: Monday 26 November 2007 08:00 Pacific / 11:00 Eastern
Agenda and Contact Info
- GWDAW Business
- Review of BurstMDC Simulation
- The GravEn source code in the BurstMDC release
[ HTML ]
InterCall telecon service:
Phone: 1-866-380-5536, participant code: 435 672 9587 #
International callers ++1-816-249-4731 with same code
International access numbers (~10 cents/min surcharge for LIGO Lab):
Paris 017 080 7156 ;
Lyon 042 603 0036 ;
Germany toll-free 0800 182 1591 ;
Berlin 030 726 167 371 ;
Rome 00645 217 080 ;
UK toll-free 0808 234 7914 ;
London 0203 107 0293
Handy participant command: Press *6 ["*M"] to mute, #6 to unmute
- GWDAW: Timeline for looking at presentations?
- Conference is Thursday December 13
- LSC PP approval required by Thursday December 6
- For those presentations with "for the LIGO and/or Virgo",
this committee needs to approve on Monday December 3.
That is Next Week
- For those presentations involving DetChar material,
will ask Keith Riles to schedule DetChar approvals on
Friday November 30.
- The following presentations should be straighforward:
They should contain only previously approved material.
- Leonor: Search for a Gravitational-Wave Burst Associated with GRB 070201 using LIGO Data (talk)
- Z. Marka: Overview of LSC-Virgo externally-triggered searches (talk)
- Cadonati: All-Sky Burst Search in the First Year of the LSC S5 Run (talk)
- We want to see the following presentation ASAP.
We are concerned that it could have unreviewed content and
we want to head off last-minute issues now. Note: Chatterji's
[ PDF, PPT ]
has approved material. We don't expect to be able to
approve anything substantially different.
- Leroy: LSC-Virgo joint burst search (talk)
- The following presentations should be approved (for
scientific content) by the DetChar group. The burst review
committee just wants to make sure that there is no
astrophysical content (sensitivites etc.) in these talks
that hasn't already been approved.
Note: we would like to see the last one soon as this is
the most likely to raise concerns, and we would like to
head-off any problems.
- Blackburn: The Role of Data Quality in S5 Burst Analyses (poster)
- Stone: Analysis of nonstationarity in LIGO S5 data using the NoiseFloorMon output (poster)
- Mukherjee: Multidimensional classification analysis of kleine Welle triggers in LIGO S5 run (poster)
- Review of BurstMDC Simulation
- Reviewed pregenlist to line 123. Issues:
- Get rid of comment on line 103.
- Reviewed setampl. Issues:
These should not have affected burst MDC results so far.
- Test for number of inputs missing.
- Line 65: needs to be an offset!
- Reviewed picstime. Issues:
- Needs to be consistency checks on sizes of input
vectors (scalar if three args are given).
- Reviewed getifo. Issues:
- CODEC is defined in terms of LAT. Should it
instead be related to the vector X cross Y ? That
is, should it account for the arm tilt?
Action: How is CODEC ever used?
- Action: Check all numbers against
Anderson et al. and primary references.
- GEO adopted a notation for their
arms such that "Arm 1" cross "Arm 2" points "down".
Anderson et al. simply took the GEO definition of
"x" and "y" arms, so in that reference X cross Y
points "down". In this routine, arm V and arm
W are reversed compared to Anderson et al. arm X
and arm Y. That is, V cross W points "up". The
central question is
How does GEO define h in terms of their two arms
and does this agree with how V and W are used?
Action: Find out how GEO defines h.
- Reviewed setexternal to line 59.
- We are currently at line 59 of
from line 123 of
from line 165 of
$Id: minutes-2007-11-26.html,v 1.2 2007/11/26 19:25:10 jolien Exp $