Review Committee Meeting Monday 3 December 2007 08:00 Pacific / 11:00 Eastern
Minutes: Monday 3 December 2007 08:00 Pacific / 11:00 Eastern
Agenda and Contact Info
- Review of GWDAW Presentations [ HTML ]
- Review of BurstMDC Simulation
InterCall telecon service:
Phone: 1-866-380-5536, participant code: 435 672 9587 #
International callers ++1-816-249-4731 with same code
International access numbers (~10 cents/min surcharge for LIGO Lab):
Paris 017 080 7156 ;
Lyon 042 603 0036 ;
Germany toll-free 0800 182 1591 ;
Berlin 030 726 167 371 ;
Rome 00645 217 080 ;
UK toll-free 0808 234 7914 ;
London 0203 107 0293
Handy participant command: Press *6 ["*M"] to mute, #6 to unmute
We only addressed item 1 of agenda.
We reviewed the following presentations:
- Search for a Gravitational-Wave Burst Associated with GRB 070201 using LIGO Data (talk) (Isabel Leonor for the LSC) [ PPT ]
- Slide 5: fix definition of hrss.
- Overview of LSC-Virgo externally-triggered searches (talk) (Zsuzsa Marka for the LIGO and Virgo Collaborations) [ PPT ]
- Talk is missing a lot of material. We didn't review
missing stuff. Presumably it won't involve data or make
sensitivity statements so we'll leave the review to the
LSC-PP and the VSB. It will probably be drawn from other
Talk should be complete by Thursday so that it can be
- Slide 12: Revise based on Isabel's talk.
- All-Sky Burst Search in the First Year of the LSC S5 Run (talk) (Laura Cadonati for the LSC) [ PPT ]
- Stamp various slides with "Preliminary".
- Slides 11, 12, 13: make it clear these are timeshifted
- Slide 12: Drop WB+CP slide and have cWB with logscale-x.
- Slide 14: Drop bullet point about sensitivity.
- Slide 15: Replace figure with software injection (don't
say what the amplitude was).
- Slide 16: Make it clear that the S4 WB+CP analysis was
repeated on S5A and these sensitivites correspond to this
- Slide 19: Some discomfort about the precision of the
numbers given here. These are reviewed slides so Laura can
choose whether to reduce precision (and make it clear that
they are order of magnitude estimates) or leave as is.
- Slide 20: Drop.
- Slide 21: Possible rephrasings of last bullet point.
- LSC-Virgo joint burst search (talk)
(Nicolas Leroy for the Virgo and LIGO Collaborations) [ PDF ]
- Slide 8: Fix definition of hrss.
- Slide 15: Remove "time shifted triggers". Mark results
- Slide 16: Mark results as preliminary. Make axis scales
the same. Make axis lables bigger. Perhaps combine with
- Slide 17: Mark as preliminary. Right hand plot difficult
to interpret. Instead make a color map showing efficiency
on the surface of constant FA.
- Slide 18: Mark as preliminary. (Certainly the threshold
- Slide 20: Remove plot.
- Slides 21, 22: Indicate that results are Preliminary,
Time-Shifted (so background), and that DQ flags haven't
been applied. (Would be best if outliers were understood.)
We will recommend that these talks be approved by the LSC-PP after the
changes have been made. The talks by Marka and Leroy need to be approved
by the VSB as well. Eric or Raffaele will make the recommendation to the VSB.
$Id: minutes-2007-12-03.html,v 1.3 2007/12/03 19:55:25 jolien Exp $