Review Committee Meeting Monday 07 January 2008 08:00 Pacific / 11:00 Eastern
Minutes: Monday 7 January 2008 08:00 Pacific / 11:00 Eastern
Agenda and Contact Info
- Review of BurstMDC Simulation
- We are currently at line 136 of
InterCall telecon service:
Phone: 1-866-380-5536, participant code: 435 672 9587 #
International callers ++1-816-249-4731 with same code
International access numbers (~10 cents/min surcharge for LIGO Lab):
Paris 017 080 7156 ;
Lyon 042 603 0036 ;
Germany toll-free 0800 182 1591 ;
Berlin 030 726 167 371 ;
Rome 00645 217 080 ;
UK toll-free 0808 234 7914 ;
London 0203 107 0293
Handy participant command: Press *6 ["*M"] to mute, #6 to unmute
Keith Thorne, Sergei Klimenko, Norna Robertson, Peter Shawhan,
Maria Principe, Patrick Sutton (minutes).
- Review of BurstMDC Simulation
- Continued review of function
graven, starting at line 136.
- Review of functions makelist and pregenlist finished in previous telecon. No issues with code down to line 166.
- Lines 166-196: decide whether or not to produce inverse-calibrated data. Strain-only for negative gps or non-LIGO detector -- straightforward.
- Examined getdetrate. Function is straightforward, but reviewed version is not the most recent. Newer version handles Virgo detector differently, allowing LIGO sampling rate to be used under appropriate conditions. ('V2' detector designator only used internally to burstmdc.)
Action Item: get link to most recent version of this function.
- Like many other functions in this package, getdetrate exits smoothly with usable output and no error message when encountering unusual input (in this case, default LIGO sampling rate for unrecognized detectors). It's not clear if this is desirable behaviour.
- Lines 208-241 - no significant issues. Noted that one line 236 the date stamp always indicates EDT regardless of where the code is run.
Action item:Thorne will fix (low priority!).
- Examined ifodelay briefly. The calculations are a little too tricky to be vetted with a quick read-through, but they appear correct.
Action item: A reviewer (Sutton?) will read through this function carefully offline.
Action item:Line 5: change theta to cosTheta in usage info.
Action item:Thorne will send a link to tests of this code. DONE: see S4 BurstMDC Validation and Overall Technical Documentation.
- Reviewed ispregen. No issues.
- Did not review lines 311-326 of graven (GW signal generated from metric perturbation, not used).
- Reviewed simidfile. No issues.
- Reviewed loadpregendata (called by simidfile). Did not review ilwd-reading part, since it is not used in S4/S5. The variable filesep is a built-in matlab variable holding the default value for the file separator character on the current file system. The character ';' is used to separate filenames, while ',' is used to separate data in the ilwd file. Neither character should be used in a file name!
- Reviewed httsums. No issues. Sergei requests that the output log files contain the final hrss rather than just the hplus and hcross components separately.
- Reviewed detproj. No obvious issues, but a more careful reading is needed.
Action item: A reviewer will need to read this function carefully.
Action item:Garbled comments line 54-55 to be fixed.
- Line 339: Should replace max(h) by max(abs(h)). This result is not currently used anyway.
- Reviewed weightedctr. No issues.
- Reviewed ndx2gps. No issues.
- Next week: continue with last portion of graven (production of inverse-calibrated data) at line 347.
- A.O.B.: None.
$Id: minutes-2008-01-07.html,v 1.2 2008/01/14 16:07:17 jolien Exp $