LSC-Virgo Burst Analysis Working Group

Navigation

Burst Group Home
Wiki
ExtTrig Home
CBC Group Home
LSC, LIGO, Virgo

Documents

'How-to' docs
Agendas/minutes
[2008, 2007, earlier]
Talks/Posters [pre-wiki]
Papers
Paper plans
White papers
ViewCVS

Investigations

Analysis projects
Old notebook [General, S2, S3, S4, S5]
Virgo workarea
External collabs

Review

Main review page
Telecons

Review Committee Meeting Monday 23 June 2008 08:00 Pacific / 11:00 Eastern

Minutes: Monday 23 June 2008 08:00 Pacific / 11:00 Eastern

Agenda and Contact Info

Agenda

  1. Announcements
    • Summary of Executive Committee meeting
  2. Update on status of S5 1st Year Burst Search Paper [ HTML ]
  3. Reports from Burst Review Teams
  4. Review of BurstMDC Simulation
    • BurstMDC Bulletin Board [ HTML ]
  5. A.O.B.

Contact Info

InterCall telecon service:
   Phone: 1-866-380-5536, participant code: 435 672 9587 #
   International callers ++1-816-249-4731 with same code
   International access numbers (~10 cents/min surcharge for LIGO Lab):
      Paris 017 080 7156 ;
      Lyon 042 603 0036 ;
      Germany toll-free 0800 182 1591 ;
      Berlin 030 726 167 371 ;
      Rome 00645 217 080 ;
      UK toll-free 0808 234 7914 ;
      London 0203 107 0293
   Handy participant command:  Press *6 ["*M"] to mute, #6 to unmute

Minutes

  1. Announcements
    • Summary of Executive Committee meeting
      • LIGO-GEO paper approved
      • SGR paper: email approval at end of week. MAP is helping to emphasize importance.
  2. Update on status of S5 1st Year Burst Search Paper [ HTML ]
    • Wasn't possible to have a complete draft before Paris meeing.
    • Working on draft -- next two weeks.
    • Data processing is done, UL exclusion plots made by Laura.
    • Upcoming: S5 ... All-Sky, GRB, High-Freq, CosmicString.
    • Shourov: Three weeks before start looking at it.
    • Try to get reports from review teams in the two week timescale.
    • Get template from Michele. Perhaps use LIGO-GEO report as template.
  3. Reports from Burst Review Teams
    • Norna: looking at background results. Sergey: is there understanding of loss of efficiency at large injection amplitudes? Keith is investigating. Badri has been thinking about the report.
    • Siong: Matt Pitkin may join HF search team.
    • Shourov: Q-Pipeline reivew -- action items are being addressed. Have taken back-seat to reruns.
    • Patrick: Analytic sensitivity checks. Sergey: calculating livetime will be hard. Various action items.
    • Shourov: Has done an independent check of Laura's segment list. Various other checks have been made.
  4. Review of BurstMDC Simulation
    • BurstMDC Bulletin Board [ HTML ]
  5. A.O.B.
    • Do we need a review of the equinox event and the detection checklist?
      • Year 2 analysis not going to be complete until late summer/early September.
      • Want to present final word on the candidate in September meeting.
      • 2nd year paper will look like first year paper. Virgo is included when available. EGC will replace BlockNormal.
      • Opening boxes: perhaps late July/early August. Probably early September.
      • Detection: set a set of cuts for each pipeline. Overall candidates is union of individual candidates. For each candidate, what is the overall rank? Minimum FA rate from all participating search? FA rate from The Chosen ETG pipeline? Will need this at some point when looking at Equinox event.
$Id: minutes-2008-06-23.html,v 1.3 2008/06/23 22:21:21 jolien Exp $