LSC-Virgo Burst Analysis Working Group

Navigation

Burst Group Home
Wiki
ExtTrig Home
CBC Group Home
LSC, LIGO, Virgo

Documents

'How-to' docs
Agendas/minutes
[2008, 2007, earlier]
Talks/Posters [pre-wiki]
Papers
Paper plans
White papers
ViewCVS

Investigations

Analysis projects
Old notebook [General, S2, S3, S4, S5]
Virgo workarea
External collabs

Review

Main review page
Telecons

Review Committee Meeting Monday Aug 25 2008 08:00 Pacific / 11:00 Eastern

Minutes: Monday Aug 25 2008 08:00 Pacific / 11:00 Eastern

Agenda and Contact Info

Agenda

  1. Announcements
  2. Update on status of S5 1st Year Burst Search Paper [ HTML ]
  3. Reports from Burst Review Teams
  4. Review of BurstMDC Simulation
    • BurstMDC Bulletin Board [ HTML ]
    • BurstMDC code change log [ HTML ]
    • Web interface to code release BurstMDC_S5_v3 (S5 FirstYear) [ HTML ]
    • Web interface to matapps CVS (S5 Second-Year, diffs) [ web ]
  5. A.O.B.

Contact Info

InterCall telecon service:
   Phone: 1-866-380-5536, participant code: 435 672 9587 #
   International callers ++1-816-249-4731 with same code
   International access numbers (~10 cents/min surcharge for LIGO Lab):
      Paris 017 080 7156 ;
      Lyon 042 603 0036 ;
      Germany toll-free 0800 182 1591 ;
      Berlin 030 726 167 371 ;
      Rome 00645 217 080 ;
      UK toll-free 0808 234 7914 ;
      London 0203 107 0293
   Handy participant command:  Press *6 ["*M"] to mute, #6 to unmute

Minutes

  1. Announcements
  2. Update on status of S5 1st Year Burst Search Paper [ HTML ]
    • Keith has updated plots in BN section. Will add plots. Goal is to get BN section done this week. Trying to get livetime correct.
    • Sections on data set and vetoes have been added but not on the built document yet.
    • Sergey: Not clear how the background and tuning section is supposed to be organized. Keith: suggests that Sergey simply proposes something. Sergey wants to have an organizational telecon (short).
    • Shourov has been relieved of responsibility for the S5 first year paper ... he is now on the S5 2nd year search.
    • Sergey: General comments. Too fundamental -- like a document describing everything. Descriptions of algorithms need to be more concise. Descriptions of coincidence vs. coherent methods. Philosophical details not needed.
    • Jolien: for new searches that have not appeared in LSC papers before, want a complete (hopefully concise) description so that the analysis is reproducible and reviewed.
    • Sergey: UL section needs to be reduced.
    • A corresponding author needs to be identified to pull this paper together before the LSC meeting.
    • Sergey: most urgent thing -- figure out how to write the missing sections (e.g., background section) and decide what plots to include, how to structure, etc.
  3. Reports from Burst Review Teams
    • Block Normal review: material has been reviewed. Putting together the report. Badri handed out writing assignments. Goal is to have it done in a couple of weeks.
    • cWB review: weekly telecons on Tuesdays. Identified all the tasks; people are working on their assignments. Igor completed accounting of livetime. Don't entirely understand hrss90% sensitivity for sine-Gaussians. Michele is looking at loud events. Report is in progress. Cannot predict when it will be finished. Selection cuts, based on the background, were too conservative -- loss of 5% efficiency H1-H2 dataset. Triggers were selected by a different selection cut than for the simulation -- but the simulation cuts were more conservative! Plan is to leave it this way -- H1-H2 dataset does not contribute so much to the overall time.
  4. Review of BurstMDC Simulation
    • Handoff is for Amber to take over the BurstMDC project. She is at Livingston, so this will be facilitated.
    • We have reviewed the S5 1st year code (R2). We have been going through the diffs to the S5 2nd year code (R3).
    • Need to do: check back to be sure we have reviewed all of the code used in the 2nd year. (We have reviewed new routines -- have we reviewed the diffs?)
    • Keith will update code change page to current status and identify what remains to be reviewed for 2nd year.
    • Still need to review exttrig review....
    • Proposal to extend burstmdc to support things not in earth centered quantities but RA/DEC centered. E.g., Galactic center injections.
  5. A.O.B.
    • Next meeting in 2wks due to US Labor Day.
$Id: minutes-2008-08-25.html,v 1.2 2008/08/26 20:47:20 jolien Exp $