Review Committee Meeting Monday January 12 2009 08:00 Pacific / 11:00 Eastern
Minutes: Monday January 12 2009 08:00 Pacific / 11:00 Eastern
Agenda and Contact Info
InterCall telecon service:
Phone: 1-866-380-5536, participant code: 435 672 9587 #
International callers ++1-816-249-4731 with same code
International access numbers [ HTML ]
Handy participant command: Press *6 ["*M"] to mute, #6 to unmute
- Isidoro Ferrante will chair the EGC review team.
- Need to have the EGC review team certify the results prior
to the March LSC meeting. Can this be done? All reviewers
are in Europe, perhaps a review summit in Italy would be
possible to make rapid progress.
- Calibration issues about high-frequency portion of the
search is under question -- V4 is not ready.
- Position reconstruction paper before meeting following
March LSC meeting. Uses unreviewed algorithms. Burst group
effort only at this moment. Three algorithms: cWB (mostly
reviewed -- some more necessary); Bayesian approach (Searle --
part of Omega); triangulation-timing (Michele and others).
Based on S5 data. Primarily on simulations. Technical paper.
- Still some question about the calibraion uncertainty
for S5y1 HF search.
$Id: minutes-2009-01-12.html,v 1.3 2009/01/12 16:33:10 jolien Exp $