LSC-Virgo Burst Analysis Working Group
Review Committee Meeting Monday July 20 2009 08:00 Pacific / 11:00 Eastern
Minutes: Monday July 20 2009 08:00 Pacific / 11:00 Eastern
Agenda and Contact Info
- Announcements: Ben's schedule, possibility of EVO
- S5y2/VSR1 Omega pipeline review: calibration, summary
- Upcoming pulsar glitch review request
InterCall telecon service:
Phone: 1-866-380-5536, participant code: 435 672 9587 #
International callers ++1-816-249-4731 with same code
International access numbers [ HTML ]
Handy participant command: Press *6 ["*M"] to mute, #6 to unmute
- Present: Owen, Robertson, Hughey, Shawhan, Kanner
- We're moving this telecon to EVO; just make sure people have headphones and uncheck the useless boxes.
- Future telecon reminders will be done by Ben by hand with an agenda, since people are tuning out the auto-reminder now.
- Ben's and others' travel schedules mean maybe no telecon Aug 3, definitely none Aug 10, maybe none Aug 17. Will confirm maybes next week.
- Omega review
- Main issue remaining is how to test calibration errors. Will do Monte-Carlo sim, not full efficiency curve but a few points. And a few waveforms, highest and lowest frequencies to bracket size of effect. Do not need to do this part exactly same as CWB folks, since end result in paper will say "We estimate that calibration errors cost no more than X." Possibly done by next week, definitely by week after.
- How to report to main review committee? Main work is there on web pages, no need to repeat in PDF. Write say 2-page PDF summarizing and pointing to web pages w/details. Ben and committee will read web pages, ExecComm will read at most PDF. Should be ready end of August.
- Rest of that paper: Other pipelines say they're ahead, but no review reports yet. Early paper draft exists. Group's goal is to present at Sep LSC meeting. Good goal, but may not be realistic.
- Pulsar glitch review
- Ben will use this as opportunity to revisit ab initio the review process. Needs to speed up; focus on things which are scientifically important. Give reviewers more specific instructions. Will draft in next few weeks.
$Id: minutes-2009-07-20.html,v 1.3 2009/07/20 16:46:59 owen Exp $