LSC-Virgo Burst Analysis Working Group
Review Committee Meeting Monday July 27 2009 08:00 Pacific / 11:00 Eastern
Minutes: Monday July 27 2009 08:00 Pacific / 11:00 Eastern
Agenda and Contact Info
- Announcements: future telecon schedule
- S5 GRB paper
- S5y2/VSR1 Omega calibration tests, status of all pipelines
Using EVO now
- Present: Owen, Shawhan, Heng, Hughey, Kanner, Robertson, Sutton, (Klimenko)
- No telecons for the next 2 Mondays
- Siong can't make this slot for 6 weeks around October; we'll just have to work around
- S5 GRB paper
- Addresssed as many reviewer comments as feasible, few relatively small and concrete changes remaining.
- Note for instructions to future reviewers: Structural choices about presentation are very difficult to change this late.
- S5y2/VSR1 all-sky searches
- Brennan does have Omega calibration sim results, putting together detailed presentation on web page. Wide variety of waveforms indicates 1-2% effect on efficience, not yet translated into upper limit effect but should be comparable.
- Procedure different from CWB systematic estimation? Slightly but very similar.
- EGC doesn't contribute to upper limit, so don't worry about systematics. (They're still re-processing data.)
- Paper structure? Not sure if it's finalized yet. Ben: Good to circulate outline early, to avoid major rewrites recommended late in game (see above).
- Referee on S5y1 paper complained about structure, specifically wanted hi-freq and lo-freq in one paper. We're doing that now! Also technical details were thought a bit much even in appendices. But will be lighter here.
- AOB - quick updates
- Pulsar glitch review readiness pitch to group early August, should come to committee late August.
- Position reconstruction: Sergey is having EVO trouble, Jonah says: CWB has made lot of passes, plots, everyone's digesting. Omega has made some passes, some issue w/bayesian code and loud injections.
$Id: minutes-2009-07-27.html,v 1.3 2009/07/27 16:01:45 owen Exp $