Review Committee Meeting Monday September 7 2009 08:00 Pacific / 11:00 Eastern
Minutes: Monday September 7 2009 08:00 Pacific / 11:00 Eastern
Agenda and Contact Info
- S5y2/VSR1 all-sky analysis reports
- S5y2/VSR1 all-sky paper draft
On EVO use "bersten" to get in, or phone bridge ID 37598 and "6519" to get in.
- Present: Owen, Hello, Heng, Shawhan, Chassande-Mottin, Gouaty, Salemi, Prodi, Flaminio, Drago
- S5y2/VSR1 all-sky analyses
- cWB/Gouaty: Not much pipeline review news, now reading paper. Remaining minor issues not obstacles to presenting paper.
- Omega/Chassande-Mottin: Also not much news, not affecting paper (confirm w/Kanner).
- EGC/Flaminio: Also not much news, Bizouard has completed rerun and will review tomorrow. May still affect paper a little, may not know by end of week.
- S5y2/VSR1 all-sky paper
- Plots: Salemi has added threshold lines to Figs.5-6. Makes it clear the Equinox Event was the only one worth a careful look. Need sentence saying sub-threshold outlier in Fig.6 top isn't so impressive in a cumulative plot, but don't need to add plot itself.
- This is not in CVS. Owen: Use CVS as it was intended. Can always back out changes you don't like; good log messages make easy to find.
- Probability estimate of Equinox Event updated to 12% including S5y1 and trials factor. Owen: Is that legal? It's a slippery number and could spend a lot of work on it. Say "of order 10%" to dodge and be done.
- Tables: Salemi added hrss 90% to Tables II and III. Good to compare to other searches. Tables should have 2 significant figures only, how best to display? Caption sentence, maybe change scale on one column.
- Shall we add a table for ringdowns? Only six lines, and scientifically important plus lets readers tie to SGR searches. Go for it.
- Words on three algorithms and Equinox Event have not been addressed. Owen: They'd better be.
- S5 numbers don't agree with S5 paper! Must fix.
- Title "First joint all-sky untriggered search for gravitational-wave bursts by the LIGO Scientific Collaboration and Virgo" and abstract suggested by Heng in Sep 2 e-mail. He will commit to CVS and ask for comment.
- Analysis reviews have nearly stalled with holidays, but will pick up again and are almost done.
- Paper draft will be sent out next week as "mature draft" not "final draft." Issues above, and in e-mails, must be addressed by then. Also much cleanup.
$Id: minutes-2009-09-07.html,v 1.2 2009/09/07 16:51:00 owen Exp $