LSC-Virgo Burst Analysis Working Group

Navigation

Burst Group Home
Wiki
ExtTrig Home
CBC Group Home
LSC, LIGO, Virgo

Documents

'How-to' docs
Agendas/minutes
[2008, 2007, earlier]
Talks/Posters [pre-wiki]
Papers
Paper plans
White papers
ViewCVS

Investigations

Analysis projects
Old notebook [General, S2, S3, S4, S5]
Virgo workarea
External collabs

Review

Main review page
Telecons

Review Committee Meeting Monday September 14 2009 08:00 Pacific / 11:00 Eastern

Minutes: Monday September 14 2009 08:00 Pacific / 11:00 Eastern

Agenda and Contact Info

Agenda

  1. S5y2/VSR1 all-sky analysis reports
  2. S5y2/VSR1 all-sky paper draft

Contact Info

On EVO use "bersten" to get in, or phone bridge ID 37598 and "6519" to get in.

Minutes

  1. S5y2/VSR1 all-sky analyses
    • cWB (Sutton): Review is back after hiatus, checked loudest missed injections. Before signing off, need to review last 6 months' notes and make sure no action items were lost in shuffle. Shawhan: Practical deadline is "airplane reading" or end of Wednesday. Sutton is optimistic about that deadline.
    • Omega (Kanner): Signed off last week, sent official PDF, posted on review wiki. Will mail bursts and review lists.
    • Salemi asks about Fig.5 and event ranking. Kanner: There formally isn't one, but basically Hanford coherent energy well approximates one.
    • EGC (Ferrante): Signed off today after Bizouard re-ran. Need recalculation of small change in efficiency. Must write up review document. Will try for Wednesday (draft on wiki).
    • Klimenko is concerned about big recent change, in particular the 2 outliers previously seen. Ferrante: Now only one. Bizouard updated Thursday.
  2. S5y2/VSR1 all-sky paper
    • Owen: must fix remaining red comments for DQF discussion, etc.
    • Title: subtract "first joint" add "Collaboration".
    • Abstract: Shawhan will send around proposal for last sentence of abstract. Salemi: October should be November. Also 2 events per year may change to 1.9.
    • Figure 9: Ask DQ people if needed, Katsavounidis will ping them and Klimenko will look into it as well.
    • Shawhan: Can't reproduce 3e-6 number for BBH rate. Sutton does get it. Will circulate e-mails. Sutton: should also add ringdown numbers.
    • NONCRITICAL Klimenko: Bulge around eta=5 in Fig.5(top) will be removed by cat2 vetoes, take time to resolve, can wait until after LVC meeting.
    • NONCRITICAL Owen has list of bigger-than-typo issues that can wait until after LVC meeting, will mail. Encourage others to do likewise.
$Id: minutes-2009-09-14.html,v 1.2 2009/09/14 16:14:51 owen Exp $