Review Committee Meeting Monday September 14 2009 08:00 Pacific / 11:00 Eastern
Minutes: Monday September 14 2009 08:00 Pacific / 11:00 Eastern
Agenda and Contact Info
- S5y2/VSR1 all-sky analysis reports
- S5y2/VSR1 all-sky paper draft
On EVO use "bersten" to get in, or phone bridge ID 37598 and "6519" to get in.
- Present: Owen, Chassande-Mottin, Shawhan, Drago, Hello, Hughey, Klimenko, Salemi, Kanner, Sutton, Gouaty, Katsavounidis, Robertson, Re, Ferrante, Bosi
- S5y2/VSR1 all-sky analyses
- cWB (Sutton): Review is back after hiatus, checked loudest missed injections. Before signing off, need to review last 6 months' notes and make sure no action items were lost in shuffle. Shawhan: Practical deadline is "airplane reading" or end of Wednesday. Sutton is optimistic about that deadline.
- Omega (Kanner): Signed off last week, sent official PDF, posted on review wiki. Will mail bursts and review lists.
- Salemi asks about Fig.5 and event ranking. Kanner: There formally isn't one, but basically Hanford coherent energy well approximates one.
- EGC (Ferrante): Signed off today after Bizouard re-ran. Need recalculation of small change in efficiency. Must write up review document. Will try for Wednesday (draft on wiki).
- Klimenko is concerned about big recent change, in particular the 2 outliers previously seen. Ferrante: Now only one. Bizouard updated Thursday.
- S5y2/VSR1 all-sky paper
- Owen: must fix remaining red comments for DQF discussion, etc.
- Title: subtract "first joint" add "Collaboration".
- Abstract: Shawhan will send around proposal for last sentence of abstract. Salemi: October should be November. Also 2 events per year may change to 1.9.
- Figure 9: Ask DQ people if needed, Katsavounidis will ping them and Klimenko will look into it as well.
- Shawhan: Can't reproduce 3e-6 number for BBH rate. Sutton does get it. Will circulate e-mails. Sutton: should also add ringdown numbers.
- NONCRITICAL Klimenko: Bulge around eta=5 in Fig.5(top) will be removed by cat2 vetoes, take time to resolve, can wait until after LVC meeting.
- NONCRITICAL Owen has list of bigger-than-typo issues that can wait until after LVC meeting, will mail. Encourage others to do likewise.
$Id: minutes-2009-09-14.html,v 1.2 2009/09/14 16:14:51 owen Exp $