Review Committee Meeting Monday October 5 2009 08:00 Pacific / 11:00 Eastern
Minutes: Monday October 5 2009 08:00 Pacific / 11:00 Eastern
Agenda and Contact Info
- S5y2/VSR1 all-sky analysis reports
- S5y2/VSR1 all-sky paper draft
- Little stuff
- Astro interpretation
On EVO use "bersten" to get in, or phone bridge ID 39354 and "6519" to get in.
- Present: Owen, Shawhan, Hughey, Kanner, Hello, Klimenko, Chassande-Mottin, Heng, Sutton, Prodi, Robertson, Katsavounidis, Corsi
- S5y2/VSR1 all-sky analyses
- Omega report: Kanner forgot to change "in progress" items to "done" but they are indeed done.
- cWB report: Sutton will write executive summary for next telecon.
- S5y2/VSR1 all-sky paper
- Non-astro comments: Sutton and Klimenko will sort out many of them between themselves.
- Supernovae: Waveform is really WNB-like. But WNB vs sG hardly makes difference, check 1st-year paper.
- Technical problems prevent many people from seeing Sergei's document on isotropic energy and polarizations. He's mailing it, defer. Sounds like he's being careful about not separating iota and efficiency integrations.
- Owen discusses intrinsic polarization vs detector response. Should write out and mail, go through all polarization language.
- Klimenko is worried about systematics in Eq.(8.6) from being dominated by low-efficiency stuff. Sutton: fits do kill it fast enough. Will make sure Laura's fits and Amber's integral use same cutoff, though: Owen: Physically won't make difference unless we're dominated by astrophysical background, which is not credible.
- Klimenko: What is predicted 100Msun BBH rate? Owen: will ask O'Shaughnessy if there is one. Sutton: S5 high-mass paper will have a number, about 1e-7, and compare to us.
$Id: minutes-2009-10-05.html,v 1.3 2009/10/05 16:27:48 owen Exp $