Special Review Meeting Friday November 27 2009 07:00 Pacific / 10:00 Eastern
Minutes: Friday November 27 2009 07:00 Pacific / 10:00 Eastern
Agenda and Contact Info
- cWB on-line analysis
On EVO use "bersten" to get in.
- Present: Owen, Drago, Gouaty, Klimenko, Vedovato, Flaminio, Searle, Re, Zanolin
- Vector space is not real 3D space, but H1L1V1 weight space (defined in S5 1st year paper).
- S6 used new "mild" regulator.
- Balance and polarization constraints are important to control false alarms, using "random" on this search.
- Page 5: "mild" regulator cuts down on non-gaussian tail, so does elliptical polarization if you assume it.
- Page 6: regulator does not however kill efficiency.
- Page 7: blue FOM includes whole sky map. Zanolin: What's big jump near half degree?
- Waveform is reconstructed at best sky location, so location is (sort of) checked first. By reconstructing coherent statistic at each of 200,000 sky locations.
- Page 9: Omega-style plot, shows the 26/50 anomaly from before. Low-freq events can be reconstructed on next fringe when main fringe is suppressed by regulator. Worst is low frequencies, about a half.
- New code is all reviewed (Babak).
- New math is reviewed: "mild" regulator, new constraints.
$Id: minutes-2009-11-27.html,v 1.1 2009/12/03 14:51:50 owen Exp $