Review Committee Meeting Monday January 4 2010 08:00 Pacific / 11:00 Eastern
Minutes: Monday January 4 2010 08:00 Pacific / 11:00 Eastern
Agenda and Contact Info
- On-line analysis
- All-sky paper
On EVO use "bersten" to get in, or phone bridge ID 47656 and "6519" to get in.
- Present: Owen, Rollins, Klimenko, Robertson, Katsavounidis, Gouaty, Shawhan (at end due to partial conflict)
- Plans for next few months
- Owen and Flaminio will move review page to burst wiki, easier especially for Virgo people.
- Reviewers need to know what is coming: review readiness, desire for preliminary results. No show-stoppers below, but nice to have approval for preliminary results.
- S6 all-sky. Klimenko: Group is not sure what paper it will write. Katsavounidis: For transients it's always useful. Wants to press ahead and start review, at least S6a which is done.
- S6 on-line. Not sure yet what to say, group needs to discuss. Owen: We'll need a real review team set up for the summer observing window.
- S6a GRB search nearly done.
- A5 etc SGR search? No one on-line.
- Others? Owen will mail group, they need to start discussion.
- All-sky paper: No Shawhan, punt to e-mail.
- On-line analysis
- Swift. Katsavounidis: Only event got vetoed by V1 single rate of 2-3Hz. Will relax current 0.5Hz cut to maybe 2. Or network significance. Rollins: Swift uses CWB triggers only? Katsavounidis: Yes, worried by Omega's not getting blind injections and other things. Owen: Useful to compare pipelines in the future, but this is not the time or forum.
- CWB coordinate error. Klimenko: Vedovato was testing, found 0.2deg difference w/LAL. Katsavounidis and Kanner did too, 0.2-0.3deg. CWB was using non-LAL transformation code, now copied from LAL.
- Lumin. Shawhan: 4 requests, 1 image confirmation from Quest, not sure about others (Chassande-Mottin may know Tarot). Communication needs work. Owen: Lumin calendar page ends 12/31. Shawhan: Day pages are there but not linked, Kanner will fix. Rollins: Maybe point *next* night for 2nd best event per day? Owen: Discuss in group. Shawhan: Don't want new FOM on the fly, but can relax threshold to say, 2/day.
- Owen: Swift and Lumin relaxation plans both sound OK. Good luck!
$Id: minutes-2010-01-04.html,v 1.3 2010/01/04 17:14:23 owen Exp $