S4 LIGO-GEO Burst Review Committee Meeting Wednesday 19 December 2007 12:00 Eastern
Minutes: Wednesday 19 December 2007 10:00 Eastern
Agenda and Contact Info
- Comments on current draft of paper. [ Keith's marked-up version ]
InterCall telecon service:
USA (toll-free): 1-866-616-1738
UK (toll-free): 0800 073 8914
Italy (toll-free): 800-906-494
Germany (toll-free): 0800-1014-907
participant code: 251 288 9495#
- Comments on current draft of paper.
Heng: All suggested modifications have been accepted.
- Fixing tenses and typos.
- Fixed references to frequency range (made consistent).
- Action item: Figure 1 is to be updated.
- Checked Figure 2 with Creighton - okay (hour angle plotted increasing from left to right).
Sutton also double-checked plot.
Action item: Heng will render contour-style.
- Added reference to symlet wavelet.
- Figure 3 not very useful.
Action item: Will be improved or deleted.
- Action item: Klimenko to provide cWB reference.
- Action item: Replace eqn (8) by hrss, since that is quantity used in results plots and tables.
- Action item: Yakushin to regenerate Figure 4.
- Sutton asked about whether \rho_eff is amplitude or energy measure.
Klimenko: \rho_eff proportional to hrss in ideal case (amplitude measure).
- Sutton: Section 2 has much more detail on GEO than on LIGO; seems imbalanced.
Heng: Felt that additional detail on LIGO available in references; not that case for GEO.
Will see if he can modify the text.
- Sutton: Can we make some analytic argument or estimate of the relative sensitivity of
WB+CP vs. cWB? Would add great methodological value to the paper.
Klimenko: Why is cWB better in Table 2? Short answer is that it is not limited by the least
Sutton: Perhaps can estimate effect from noise curves in Figure 6.
- Action item: Heng will add hrss50% points for cWB to Figure 6, for easy comparison to WB+CP.
- Action item: Heng to ask Yakushin about updated cWB efficiencies.
- Heng unavailable for telecons until Jan 9. Next meeting will be then.
$Id: minutes-2007-12-19.html,v 1.2 2008/01/15 23:32:57 psutton Exp $