LSC-Virgo Burst Analysis Working Group
S4 LIGO-Only Untriggered Review Checklist
Checklist for GWDAW 10 presentation
- The box is empty: 0 events +- 10%
- Careful bookkeeping of time: make sure that we've not missed anything
(re-run of 22 segments)
- Check hrss reconstruction code changes
- Check changes to CorrPower
- Is there something peculiar about the two high GS WB events?
- Check why they are not in time-slides.
- Try to find origin of events.
- Look at remaining triggers after amplitude cuts (but below
gamma-threshold). Are they gravitational waves?
- Final look at R0 test: send Mike Landry details of HW injection
(channel, actuation function) so that he can determine if the
sign of the injection was correct.
DONE: SEE EMAIL
We know these are "wrong" in the sense:
We cannot say that these are write to within 10% but they are
not vital to the analysis -- they are simply reassuring.
- Data is not treated consistently between foreground and
background -- biases introduced
- Foreground contaminates background
- Efficiencies: hrss50 values +- 10%
- Bookkeeping again: is everything the same?
- Check software vs. hardware sensitivities.
- Check MDC frames and software to produce them. Look at
EXISTING VALIDATIONS SUFFICIENT FOR GWDAW
- Assess effect of calibration errors. Inject MDC frames
with +-10% amplitude into pipeline? Estimate loss from
each stage of pipeline? Also, estimate effect of phase
errors on CorrPower.
For GWDAW: just need to see if 50% hrss levels will be affected
at the 10% level.
SINCE H2 SENSITIVITY DOESN'T CHANGE MUCH, EXPECT CURVES ARE
AMPLITUDE CUT SEEMS SAFE
- Apply 10% adjustment (systematic) to account for final
calibration, plus whatever "conservative" additional systematic
is deemed necessary.
- Contact calibration team....
QUOTED HRSS_50% HAS SYSTEMATIC BUT EFFICIENCY CURVES DO NOT
- Sanity check: noise curve level vs. hrss50% -- is it the same
ratio as before?
- Sanity check: do white-noise burst sensitivities scale with T-F
- High-hrss fall-off: how to deal with this? (Only 1% effect.)
LESS THAN 10% EFFECT
$Id: checklist.html,v 1.2 2005/12/02 04:17:42 jolien Exp $