S5 Qpipeline High-Frequency Review Telecon 15th of July 2008 11:00 Eastern
Agenda and minutes of the S5 Qpipeline High-Frequency Review Telecon for Thursday the 15th of July at 11:00 Eastern time.
Agenda and Contact Info
- Review of HFS draft Action items
- Think about taking out the timing resolution plot (talk to Erik)
- Brennan: Make timing distribution plot.
- Matt: Report on Post.Proc. scripts (and more checks/scripts
- Reviewers: Read the draft.
- Brennan: Add acknowledgements section to paper
InterCall telecon service: USA (toll-free): 1-866-616-1738 UK (toll-free): 0800 073 8914 Italy (toll-free): 800-906-494 Germany (toll-free): 0800-1014-907 participant code: 251 288 9495#
AttendanceBrennan Hughley, Jonnah Kanner, Matt Pitkin, Michele Zanolin, Ik Siong Heng (minutes)
- aim to get review as far as possible given the status of S5 low-freq. paper
- need to make a list of items that need to be reviewed and things already reviewed
- for report, we can use tex template for cwb review
- also interesting to look at table of items in Qpipeline code review
- Siong would rather leave out timing resolution plot (too technical) but does not have strong feeling
- leave figure in for now
- 97 events with delays greater than 10 ms and 96 events with delays less than 10 ms
- no clustering of delays in coincident triggers
- many checks already performed by scripts that test the post-processing scripts
- outputs from Matt's run are consistent with Brennan's
- two root scripts for efficiency curves will not be used, will use Laura's scripts instead
- should get DCC P number
- should figure 12 be in the paper?
- yes, it describes follow-up on loudest triggers below threshold
- text describing r-statistic window is not clear why up to 50 ms, given signal is only a few ms long?
- conservative to take into account delays introduced by whitening filter and nature of signal morphology (a "single" signal consisting of several pulses, for example)
- calibration phase uncertainty is not important because amplitude uncertainty dominates
- have loud missed injections be followed up?
- yes, sky maps have been made showing they are in a region with low antenna pattern
- already linked to previous agenda (15th of May)
- can take efficiency curves for astrophysically motivate waveform in figure 6 and combine them with efficiency curves from MDCs
- Matt: could we edit the tex file to fix small typos?
- Brennan: that should be no problem
- logistic note: coherent Waveburst telecon now starts 1 hour after the start of this telecon; we decided to keep the same time slot