LSC-Virgo Burst Analysis Working Group

Navigation

Burst Group Home
Wiki
ExtTrig Home
CBC Group Home
LSC, LIGO, Virgo

Documents

'How-to' docs
Agendas/minutes
[2008, 2007, earlier]
Talks/Posters [pre-wiki]
Papers
Paper plans
White papers
ViewCVS

Investigations

Analysis projects
Old notebook [General, S2, S3, S4, S5]
Virgo workarea
External collabs

Review

Main review page
Telecons

S5 Qpipeline High-Frequency Review Telecon 16th of October 2008 11:00 Eastern

Agenda and minutes of the S5 Qpipeline High-Frequency Review Telecon for Thursday the 16th of October at 11:00 Eastern time.

Agenda and Contact Info

Agenda

Action items
  1. Plot scripts
  2. Qpipeline checks
  3. DQ flags
  4. Sensitivity estimate
  5. Review Status
  6. AOB

Contact Info

  InterCall telecon service:

    USA (toll-free): 1-866-616-1738
    UK (toll-free): 0800 073 8914
    Italy (toll-free): 800-906-494
    Germany (toll-free): 0800-1014-907

    participant code: 251 288 9495#

Minutes

Q high-freq minutes

Oct 16, 2008

Siong, Brennan, Matt, Jonah (minutes), Michele

Siong:  I gave update on last review call.  
Debate on v3 and v4 calibration continues.

Brennan:  We talked w/ Trento group - concluded that we 
are not able to validate v3 w/o calibration team contribution.
We want to talk to calibration team directly.

We have a list of things to do, but they are had to do
w/o expert help.

Michele:  Hopefully they will help us.

Matt:  I had heard that v4 would be done in a few weeks.

Michele:  Discussion on Burst group was 4 to 6 months for v4.  I 
don't understand.  

Brennan:  May be a difference between production and validation.

Siong:  Let's talk about plot scripts.

Matt:  I looked at plot scripts.  Fit is done with script written by Laura,
should be ok.  

Siong:  Those should be fine. 

Matt:  Things seem to match up with the plot in the paper

- discuss parameter file notes linked from summary table - 

http://ldas-jobs.ligo.caltech.edu/~jkanner/q-hfs/parameterNotes.txt

Jonah:  Only unresolved issue is correlation factor

https://geco.phys.columbia.edu/omega/wiki/s5y2vsr1/parameters

Brennan:  We have run over simulations with calibration uncertainty.
We could re-run with this turned off if that is better.

Siong:  We probably do not need to re-run.

Jonah:  Let's get calibration study linked here.

Brennan:  Looking at test day, turning this parameter up or down (.1 or 0)
does not make a difference.

Siong:  I'll dig up links with calibration uncertainty checks.  

-- Discuss DQ flags --

Follow link to Siong's notes:

 http://www.lsc-group.phys.uwm.edu/bursts/review/projects/s5-qpipe-highf/misc/dq_flag_review.html

Siong: Comparesd lists of segments.  

Things look good.  Two questions:

1)  Note about applying cuts as part of post-processing seems funny.

Brennan:  That is a mistake.  Some flags applied before processing.

2)  The dqdet.script, seems to contain extra flags.

Brennan:  I this lists all of them.  Later, I downselected.  

Siong:  Can I see the ones that were actually used somewhere?

Brennan:  Yes, it is in the processing scripts.  I'll point you to one of 
those.

- Discuss sensitivity estimate -

Michele:  There is progress.  Need to link hrss and corr power gamma.
2 ingredients:  
1)  probability distribution for gamma.  Need probability distribution of
the r statistic.  So, I did this analysitically by working out 
relationsihp of r statistic to noise.  From that, I get probability 
distibution of gamma.

2)  Plots show relation between hrss and gamma:

   http://emvogil-3.mit.edu/~bhughey/SG2000Q9gammavshrss.gif
http://emvogil-3.mit.edu/~bhughey/SG3067Q9gammavshrss.gif
http://emvogil-3.mit.edu/~bhughey/SG5000Q9gammavshrss.gif

Brennan:  Some of the scatter in plots may be due to antenna patterns.

Michele:  I think this is moving forward.  Now that I have most of this 
done, I hope to make a document and/or script to compute things.

Siong:  Looks good. Very promising.  

Michele:  I'll make a web page where I put the scripts, plots, and such.

- AOB - 
Siong:  Next week, 10 AM eastern on Tuesday.