LSC-Virgo Burst Analysis Working Group

Navigation

Burst Group Home
Wiki
ExtTrig Home
CBC Group Home
LSC, LIGO, Virgo

Documents

'How-to' docs
Agendas/minutes
[2008, 2007, earlier]
Talks/Posters [pre-wiki]
Papers
Paper plans
White papers
ViewCVS

Investigations

Analysis projects
Old notebook [General, S2, S3, S4, S5]
Virgo workarea
External collabs

Review

Main review page
Telecons

Minutes of 2008-Oct-03 S5 QPipeline Review Teleconference

Attendance

Shourov Chatterji, Jonah Kanner, Isabel Leonor, Dave Reitze

Minutes by Isabel Leonor.

Announcements

Agenda

Minutes


(We started a bit late, at 12:25 PM PDT.)

* Shourov:  No report today, but in a position to make progress.
            Documentation for Omega-Pipeline 2nd-year search better than that
            for 1st-year search.  Can make copy of wiki documentation
            appropriate for 1st-year search.  

  Shourov gave the following link to the wiki page:
  https://geco.phys.columbia.edu/omega/wiki/s5y2vsr1

  The documentation that would be similar for the 1st-year search are, e.g, the
  search parameters, what it means to be in coincidence, null stream.

* Dave: Target goal for finishing review document is Nov. 1.

  We went through the list of action items, which can be found at the bottom
  of this page:
  

  # Table of loudest events:  Still to be done.
  # QPipeline-only upper limits:  Dave has finished this and has circulated the
      results.
  # H1H2 cohirent transform documentation:  Not in wiki.  Isabel still has to do
      this.
  # Verification of shell scripts:  Jonah has made some progress on this.  He
      has been involved in year 2 trigger generation and has used one of the
      scripts.  There are other scripts to be tested, and a lot more to do.
  # Way to do H1H2L1 efficiency estimate:  Not yet done.
  # Add Laura's link:  This has been done.
  # Plots requested by Isabel:  Not yet done.  Shourov says this will be a
      little involved.
  # Calibration uncertainties:  Simulations with calibration uncertainties
      included are available.  Shourov just needs to run the code on these.
      Jonah also requests study comparing results with null stream turned
      on and off.
  # Plot statistics in terms of event number:  Not yet done.

* Shourov will let us know when he is available for next week's telecon.

Action Items

$Id: minutes_20081003.html,v 1.1 2008/10/23 16:35:44 leonor Exp $