S5 LIGO-Only Untriggered Review Summary
Review of the first year of S5
Data sets and DQ segments
Cross-check of the pipeline sensitivityPatrick Sutton has been modifying his scripts from the S4 LIGO-GEO review to model the sensitivity of cWB in the first year of S5.
- sensitivity studies page [ web ]
Reconstruction of trigger parameters
GWDAW 11, December 2006
All-Sky Search for Gravitational Wave Bursts during the fifth LIGO Science RunWe reviewed the slides [ PDF, PPT ]. There are minor changes we feel should be made to this presentation prior to final approval. We recommend provisional approval of this presentation pending resolution of the remaining issues identified by the review committee. These issues are:
- Removal of zero-time-shift result points.
- Correction of definition of hrss
Coherent detection and reconstruction of burst events in S5 dataWe reviewed the slides [ PDF, PPT ]. There are some changes we feel should be made to this presentation and some results that we have not yet approved. We recommend provisional approval of this presentation pending resolution of the remaining issues identified by the review committee and the approval of certain results by the code review committee. These issues are:
- Visual indication that results are for timeshifted data in various places.
- Efficiency curves and values have not yet been approved by the code review team. They need to be approved or removed.
Texas Symposium, December 2006We reviewed the slide [ PPT ]. We recommend approval of this slide for presentation.
APS April Meeting 2006We reviewed the slides [ PDF ]. We recommend approval of this presentation. There were some minor issues that we have not yet resolved:
- Would like a way to estimate the sensitivity of the search from first principles. That way we can see understand relationship between HTA and LTA sensitivities.
- We think we understand the bias in event time reconstruction but this should be checked.
- Need to decide if susceptability to H1/H2 noise glitches is detrimental to search. (Should it be alarming that there were two HTA survivors in the time shifts?)
Prior to the March LSC Meeting 2006 we reviewed these slides [ PDF ]. Here was the review summary at that time:
- Code review of S5 changes to waveburst is complete.
- As with the S4 search, need to complete CorrPower review. However, CorrPower is not an essential part of the results presented here.
- Need to understand bias in time reconstruction for low-frequency waveforms. Is there a problem with MDC frames?
- Zero-lag event associated with photodiode saturation (and it fails the amplitude consistency check). Not likely a gravitational wave signal.
- Two background events that satisfy all cuts. One is associated with a dq flag (L1:OV_MC2) that has high deadtime and unknown safety. Not clear if this flag should veto it.
- Sensitivities: sanity check still required. Helpful check it to superimpose on noise curves.