LSC-Virgo Burst Analysis Working Group
X-Pipeline Review Meeting Monday 18 February 2008 09:00 Pacific / 12:00 Eastern
Minutes: Monday 18 February 2008 09:00 Pacific / 12:00 Eastern
- We walked through the presentation [ PDF ] up to Page 9.
- Q. Why just first 18 months up to VSR1? Why not entire S5 run?
Extra 50 GRBs....
A. Various issues, some political. Not clear how to coordinate with
Virgo's GRB search. Want to finish the LIGO-only bit first
then see how to combine.
Q. Is this to be a per-GRB-only search or is there to be some
A. This bit is per-GRB but hoping that Soumya will do a population
Issue about whether to include VSR1-era data should be resolved if
there is a population study intended.
- Q. What about GRBs in singles time?
A. Around 15 or 20 of these... could do them in principle but not
clear how LSC would feel about this. At the moment, just doing
the most basic things.
- Goal is to set 90% hrss ULs (and equiv characteristic energies)
based on Q9 SGs at 150 Hz and 1000 Hz, as well as results for 1.4-1.4
and 1.4-10 inspirals (as in the 070201 paper). Follow-up any result
with P(FA) < 5% with the Detection Pipeline.
- Code is copiled Matlab. Q-Pipeline conditioning. Coherent
data combinations. Excess-power with TFClusters clustering.
- Discussion of coincidence with injections. Don't like the
proposed way of doing this. Rather see injections handled the
same as the data all the way through the pipeline, then selected
at the end. This is impractical for data handling. So apply a
very wide cut at early stage, keeping all triggers within, say,
a second of an injection.
- Next meeting in two weeks.
$Id: minutes-2008-02-18.html,v 1.1 2008/02/25 21:28:34 jolien Exp $