X-Pipeline Review Meeting Monday 28 April 2008 09:00 Pacific / 12:00 Eastern
Minutes: Monday 28 April 2008 09:00 Pacific / 12:00 Eastern
- We continued to read an updated technical report [ PDF ].
- NC chisq distribution. Worry about factor of N.
Disagrees with EP paper. Seems OK: different definition
of power spectrum.
- E_+ is used. What about E_SL? For LIGO the x power
is orders of magnitude down. For LIGO-Virgo might need to
reconsider. Note: for LIGO, only places that x is significant
is where overall sensitivity is low!
- Document should have a picture of the way the data
- 1% black pixel probability? What sets this? Should it
be a fixed level rather than a fixed rank (so that a transient
does not mask a signal)?
- Rather than doing many time resolution maps and then
do some ad-hoc choice of clusters, why not overresolve and
make a single TF map? TFClustering algorithm should be smart
enough to handle this effectively.
$Id: minutes-2008-04-28.html,v 1.1 2008/05/02 15:41:06 jolien Exp $