X-Pipeline Review Meeting Monday 10 Nov 2008 09:00 Pacific / 12:00 Eastern
Agenda: Monday 10 Nov 2008 09:00 Pacific / 12:00 Eastern
Code review: At line 574 of xtimefrequencymap.
- Note on converting to dominant polarization frame: png
Minutes:Attendance: Peter Raffai, Patrick Sutton, Antony Searle, Jolien Creighton, Xavier Siemens, Gareth Jones.
- Code review: At line 574 of xtimefrequencymap.
- Reviewed convertToDominantPolarizationFrame. Old code uses atan rather than atan2 and then deals with the additional case. Rotate by pi/2 changes sign of both Fp and Fc. Any convention? Only used to create projection operators so sign doesn't matter. (Would be important if you were to try to reconstruct the actual waveform. Would be nice to record psiDP so that this could be done.) Would be nice to see any checks that have been done.
- Line 618: is that the right sign on time shift? I think so.
- Line 648-677: why not just apply phase delays afterwards? Because the delays would be comperable to the amount of data being transformed. Probably no savings to be had.
- Lines 697 and 700: adding? But I thought that sign of wFpDP doesn't matter! Apparently it doesn't because there is a projection operator coming up.
- Got to line 706.