coherent WaveBurst Review Meeting 16 July 2009 09:00 Pacific / 12:00 Eastern
Agenda: Thursday 16 July 12:00 Eastern
- Paper Status
Dial-in number: 1 800 704 9896 International dial-in: +1 404 920 6472 Conference code: 5374 2349 #
AttendanceVirginia, Marco, Giovanni, Romain, Sergey, Patrick (minutes), Gabriele.
- Calibration uncertainties: Now settled on how to handle them.
- Discussed paper status.
- cWB description done.
- Some results in place. Need to do ULs section. Simulations section also needs some work.
- Problem: tune for FAP ~ 0.05 after category 2 DQFs and vetoes. However, Omega analysis was tuned for this FAP after cat 3. Omega has expected background of about 1.4 events after cat 2. Raises problem of how to discuss how we identify detection candidates. Need to talk to burst review committee.
- Waiting on some simulation results. Not all including calibration uncertainties and systematics. Laura Cadonati produced preliminary results (incl. calib.) for Omega + cWB. The number of MDC events is different and needs to be reconciled.
- Not clear if EGC results include allowances for systematics.
- cWB results including systematics are ready and plots available.
- Want to present single table and plots for cWB LFS + HFS. SK: Could combine LFS and HFS results for overlapping SG frequencies. PJS: Sounds good -- simplest for reader.
- Not clear what to do with EGC since not included in UL. Need to present separate plots? Propose only quoting hrss50% values.
- Omega and EGC together produced 4 events post cat 2. How to present them in the paper? Need to discuss how they compare to the background.
- PJS: When will the draft be ready for circulation? SK: May be ready for circulation to a small group in a week or two.
- FS: Total livetime post cat 2 for second year smaller than that for Omega. Perhaps Omega processed some post-S5 data? SK: Need to check with Omega committee.
- PJS: What about the two weeks of data from the beginning of the second year that was included in the first year? SK: No; corrected long ago. Now counting from official start of second year.