- Getting Started HOWTO [ HTML ]
- gives an overview on LSC computing and software
resources for large-scale data analysis
- LSC DataGrid HOWTO [ HTML ]
- explains the mechanics of gaining access to computing resources
- Grid Development and Deployment of LSC Data Analysis Software
[ PDF ]
- flowchart of how various pieces of software fit together
- Grid Workshop for LSC Users
[ HTML ]
- An archive of materials presented at the LSC grid computing workshop.
There are links to tutorials which will provide users with all the basic
knowledge and skills required in order to take advantage of the
computational resources provided by the LSC DataGrid.
- LDG USER MANUAL
[ Left Menu (left Menus of LDG and DASWG webpages are important sources of information) ]
- How to get started, Install Data Grid Client, Getting & Renewing Certificates, Certificates in your Browser & in Keychain, Account Request, CVS/GIT/SVN & BugTracking (Gnatsweb) Account
Request, Intro to Data Grid Tools, Matlab Cluster Tips, FAQ.
- Condor accounting group information [ HTML ]
- How to construct a Condor accounting group string for use on an LDG computing cluster, and how to add it to your Condor submit files.
- LSCSOFT - Software Installation HOWTO [ HTML ]
[ Shell script (.sh) ]
- explains how to install software (from the sources) required to build the various
LSC software projects (OS/platform independent installation); if you're using one of the supported OS's, you can go directly to
the Repository link.
- HOWTO request new software / packages to be included in LSCSOFT bundle or to update the FROZEN supported OS's [Wiki]
- explains the standard procedure for a user or developer to request the inclusion of new packages into LSCSOFT or to update
existing packages on the LSC cluster sites; this procedure must be followed in order to assure that the new software or
update will not break any of the well established and understood Data Analysis software and/or the frozen operative system
that support the Data Analysis infrastructure. Any request must be approved by the SCCB.
- LAL and LALApps installation howto [ HTML ]
- explains how to install the LAL and LALApps data analysis software
- LSCSoft MacPorts HOWTO [ HTML ]
- explains how to install the LSC Software Stack on Mac OS X using
- LSCSOFT - Yum Repository Maintainer HOWTO
[ HTML ]
- explains how to release new and updated software (building of RPM packages for supported OS's) via the
LSCSOFT yum repository.
- LSCSOFT - CVS Archive HOWTO
[ HTML ]
- explains how to access and use the LSCSoft CVS archive
- LSCSOFT - SVN Archive HOWTO
[ HTML ]
- explains how to access and use the LSCSoft SVN archive
- LALSuite Git Instructions [ HTML ]
- provides instructions for using git to access and use LALSuite Git repository
- Basic LALSuite Git Instructions [ HTML ]
- provides very basic instructions to get started in accessing the
LALSuite Git repository
- Git use-case document [ HTML ]
- gives concrete suggestions on day-to-day management of builds and
development with git within the LSC
- Software Release Practice HOWTO [ HTML ]
- provides some release and software practices; from the
Linux Documentation project
- DASWG Web Page Editing HOWTO
[ HTML ]
- Explains how to edit these web pages
- LSC MatApps HOWTO [ HTML ]
- explains how to setup environment variables and paths for use
with the MatApps repository, and how to make use of the Makefile scheme.