Online Analysis Daemon and Utilities
Onasys contains the onasysd online analysis daemon along with the accompanying utilities. onasysd is used to provide automated online control and monitoring of DAG-based analysis pipelines.
Kipp Cannon. Email: kipp at gravity.phys.uwm.edu
The following documentation is available on-line. A best effort is made to keep the versions available here synchronized with the most recent release, but that sychronization should not be relied upon.
- admin-guide.pdf describes the downloading, building, and installation of the Onasys software package.
- user-guide.pdf describes the use of the onasysd daemon and associated tools. It is far from complete, but is hopefully enough to help you tune the daemon to your pipeline's needs.
- OnasysWeb installation guide.
- onasys library reference is a browsable description of the code in the onasys Python library.
- dagdbUpdator library reference is a browsable description of the code in the dagdbUpdator Python library.
Onasys can be obtained either as a release tar-ball or directly from CVS. It is recommended that only people involved in the development of Onasys make use of the CVS tree. Non-developers should use release tar-balls.
See below for information on obtaining Onasys from either CVS or as a release tar-ball.
The following releases are available at this time (most recent first):
|onasys-0.6.0.tar.gz||S5 scaling improvements, bug fixes.||release_0_6_0|
|onasys-0.5.0.tar.gz||S5 scaling improvements.||release_0_5_0|
|onasys-0.4.1.tar.gz||Early S5 bug fixes.||release_0_4_1|
|onasys-0.3.0.tar.gz||Initial S5 release.||release_0_3_0|
|onasys-0.2.0.tar.gz||Pre-S5 beta release.||release_0_2_0|
|onasys-0.1.1.tar.gz||The version used during S4, including all bug fixes made during the run.||release_0_1_1|
See the OnasysWeb documentation for information about how to download and configure the web monitor for Onasys.
The latest development snap-shot of the Onasys package is available from the LSCSoft CVS archive as the onasys module. The CVS repository can be accessed read-only using the anonymous account (no password is needed). The CVS repository root is:
:pserver:firstname.lastname@example.org:2402/usr/local/cvs/lscsoftContact the Onasys librarian to obtain your own CVS account for read/write access.
You can also browse the Onasys CVS archive using the web interface.
Issues involving the Onasys package are discussed on the daswg-online mailing list.
Live Onasys Job Status
Online analysis job status can be monitored at the following locations:
- LIGO Hanford online job status can be seen here.
- LIGO Livingston online job status can be seen here.
Onasys requires you to have the following LSC-supplied software installed:
Onasys requires you to have the following non-LSC-supplied software installed. Both RedHat FC3 and Debian Sarge are known to provide suitable native packages of this software:
- MySQL server and development files.
- eGenix mx Extensions for Python.
- SQLObject (note: Debian provides this, but neither FC3 nor FC4 do; FC3 and FC4 rpms can be found in the LSCSoft yum repository, which can be found in the links in side bar).
A document describing the plans for S6 can be found here.