Segment database documentation pages
Interferometer state and data quality information is stored in the LSC segment database. The goal of the LSC segment database is to allow the storage and retrieval of data quality information, as well as interferometer state information, derived from the state vector channel.
The LSC segment databases is designed with the following requirements:
- Accessible to online analysis: The segment database should be accessible for insertion of data quality flags by online DMT monitors, insertion of state segments by the publishing scripts and retrieval of the information by online analysis programs.
- Accessible to users: LSC users should be able to easily query the information in the segment database, and authorized users should be allowed to insert data quality information into the segment database.
- Ability to revise information: Data quality segments may need to be modified or deleted after they have been inserted or new data quality flags added. It should be possible to revise DQ segment information.
- Preserve history and record pedigree: If segment information is changes, the history of these changes should be preserved. It should also be possible to determine where the segment information came from, either a program or a human.
- State segments and data quality segments
- Database engine and table design
- Server components
- Clients and commincation protocols
- Setting up the segment database
- Stopping and starting the segment database
- Checking the status of the database and replication
- Renewing service certificates
- Backup and restoration the database
- Upgrade WebSphere MQ
Future development needs for the segment database. Some of these are simple, other require more work. These are listed in no particular order:
- On site backups. Currently the databases are not backed up. We rely on replication being working to ensure that a copy of the contents of the database are available, if these is a catastrophic failure at a site. Database should really be backup up locally as well.
- Status lights for the severs at CIT. The status of the LSCsegFind LDBD and Trigger servers at CIT should be available on the status pages.
- Status for segment web dumps. It would be nice to have status light which indicates if the latest segment web dump is older that 27 hours, which would indicate wether the cron job that creates these pages is functioning or not.
- Better status information for replication. A red/green light for the Q replication processes would be very useful. The version 1 replication monitor can be found at LHO, LLO and CIT.
- DQ segment version proposal