Table of contents
The generation of Reduced Data Sets (RDS data) is managed by the driver
scripts createrds.tcl and createrdsGUI.tcl. These scripts use
the LIGOtools ldasjob and dataflow packages to run LDAS getFrameCache
jobs to update the list of time intervals to run on and LDAS createRDS
jobs to reduce the data. The scripts run under tclshexe and
wishexe (also available from LIGOtools).
Return to top
How to get driver scripts and documentation
- The createrds.tcl and createrdsGUI.tcl scripts are part of the dsorun module in the lscsoft cvs repository.
- See https://www.lsc-group.phys.uwm.edu/daswg/docs/howto/lscsoft-cvs.html for instruction on how to check out a module
- To set up dsorun on a reference machine, see https://www.lsc-group.phys.uwm.edu/daswg/projects/online/reference-server-machines.html
- To just get the driver scripts and supporting files:
- Set your CVSROOT environment variable:
- From bash or csh type shells respectively:
setenv CVSROOT :pserver:firstname.lastname@example.org:2402/usr/local/cvs/lscsoft
Login to the CVS archive:
Logging in to :pserver:email@example.com:2402/usr/local/cvs/lscsoft
- Check out the module
- For documentation:
- Check the sofware out of cvs and look at dsorun/contrib/createrds/scripts/README.createrdsAndcreaterdsGUI
- Or get this file from the web directly: http://www.lsc-group.phys.uwm.edu/cgi-bin/cvs/viewcvs.cgi/dsorun/contrib/createrds/scripts/README.createrdsAndcreaterdsGUI?cvsroot=lscsoft
DependenciesTo use the createrds.tcl and createrdsGUI.tcl scripts the following are required:
- The data that you want reduced must be visible to a running LDAS system.
- The LIGOtools ldasjob and dataflow packages must be installed, along with tclshexe and wishexe.
- The scripts must run as a user with a valid LDAS password installed in the user's .ldaspw file using the LIGOtools ldasjobs package.
- See the above web sites.