Instructions for Scientific Linux 7.x
The installation has to be performed as 'root' user.
- Ensure the LSCSoft Yum repositories are enabled by following the instructions here.
- Enable the OSG repository by installing the following package:
# rpm -ivh http://repo.grid.iu.edu/osg/3.3/osg-3.3-el7-release-latest.rpm
- Update the repository meta-data using:
# yum clean all # yum makecache
- Install the LDG client meta-package:
# yum install ldg-client
- You can ensure that LDG is correctly installed by running the
ldg-version command, and checking that the output is of the
LIGO Data Grid: 5.2.4 Platform: Scientific Linux 7.2 Hostname: rpmbuild7.ligo.uwm.edu Date: Mon 22 Aug 2016 15:05:44 CDT Globus Toolkit: 6.0 GSI-OpenSSH: 7.1p2NMOD (GSI 20160606) MyProxy: 6.1 OSG CA Certificates: 1.57
- Obtain a digital certificate, if required, by following these instructions.
If you run into any problems during installation please contact the LDG help-desk by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating that you are experiencing a problem with the SL7 Client.
Note:: Only 64bit systems are supported.